Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Having a Holiday!!

I decided it was time for a little break away from my patch of the woods, it's been a big year!! So I booked myself a flight to visit my fab friends in Melbourne!! Yesterday was the big day and my legend of a son drove me the two hours it takes us to get to the airport. Silly me had said to him, "Just drop me off up the top, then you won't have to park and come in with me." Famous last words!!

Got myself into the bag drop queue, as I had already picked my seat and printed my boarding pass the day before, only to be told, "You know your flight has been cancelled don't you??" Thought to myself, well if I knew that, do you really think I would be standing here??? A few other things crossed my mind as well, but we won't go there!

After much um-ing, aa-ing and mumbling, the nice young man finally found me a seat on another flight four and a half hours later. Not a great way to start your holiday, but what could I do? After eating, drinking, looking and shopping as much as I could bear, I sat myself in a seat and tried to make the next three and a half hours disappear fast with a book and some crosswords. Wasn't totally successful, but finally I heard that boarding call I had been waiting for, and my heart went YAY!!

yep, here we all are!!!
not the busiest place to be when there are no flights

So today I thought I'd share some quotes on 'calm' for all those instances when the blood sort of boils and we want to run and rant like a crazy person (even though we know it won't achieve a thing).

 "The calm mind allows one to connect with the inner self, the Soul, the very source of our being. That's where the music lives. That's where my music comes from."
Clarence Clemons


"Remain calm, serene, always in command of yourself. You will then find out how easy it is to get along."
Paramahansa Yogananda


much better view than the airport
Have a great week everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...