Monday, 2 April 2012

Angels

"Make friends with the angels, who though invisible are always with you. Often invoke them, constantly praise them, and make good use of their help and assistance in all your temporal and spiritual affairs."
 
Saint Francis de Sales

Angels truly are everywhere, surrounding us with love in all we do. A few years ago my son was involved in a head-on motorbike accident, a car had turned right in front of him and he had no where to go but straight into it. He phoned me from the scene and I rushed to the site, not realizing at the time, the enormity of what had actually happened. 
It was a very surreal day and when I arrived at the scene I was overwhelmed by just how 'lucky' my son was....but there was no luck involved here, I could feel very strongly the presence of 'beings' who had wrapped my boy sufficiently so as not to be hurt (the policeman attending said witnesses had seen his head go straight into the side of the car, and he had actually left a sizable dent in the vehicle where his head hit, his motorbike helmet was his eighteenth birthday present, best present EVER). 
Amazingly, he walked away from this accident with only a few bruises and a bit of a sore knee. I was numb, but also extremely grateful, and I felt very humbled absorbing the closeness of these angelic presences. 
Check out the following link for more great angel stories. Happy day and blessings to all.

2 comments:

  1. Wise words from Francis de Sales. Those fortunate enough to actually see angels are seeing the very same beings that were described in the bible, and have been the subject of many paintings across thousands of years. There is no such thing as coincidence - angels are very much with us, just as they always have been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I am also a firm believer in the fact that there are no coincidences. I actually painted the angels I felt were responsible for the above, and this now hangs in my house reminding me everyday of how amazing our universe truly is.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...